We’re excited to announce the launch of the Alpha build of 3CX Phone System Version 12 which features a new unified, multi-platform client, 3CXPhone.
3CX MyPhone and the separate SIP clients have been replaced and merged into a single 3CXPhone client for Android, iPhone and Windows. 3CXPhone for Windows is available to download and is CTI ready, allowing you to control your IP desk phone from the client. The Android and iPhone clients are coming in the next one to two weeks as this isn’t a feature complete release.
What’s New in 3CX Phone System Version 12
We have focused our efforts on improving 3CX Phone System from the users perspective and version 12 certainly gives 3CX users unparalleled mobility and productivity. We’ve really raised the bar on the new 3CXPhone client by giving it an easy to use interface and packing it with features. The new 3CXPhone client takes this version of 3CX Phone System to a whole new level.
3CXPhone is Easier to Use
- New interface with an improved Android and iPhone user experience.
- Native app for a more seamless and responsive user experience.
- Easy call forwarding setup from your smartphone.
- Many features previously available only via 3CX MyPhone can now be done from your smartphone such as:
- Set status
- Login and Logout of queues
- Be alerted to new voicemails
3CXPhone is Easier to Deploy and Manage
- Network auto-sensing – 3CXPhone detects if it’s not on the LAN and changes its configuration automatically.
- Easy one click auto provisioning – 3CXPhone can now be provisioned from anywhere. Users simply click on a provisioning attachment.
- Improved troubleshooting.
- Native, easily deployable app. No more silverlight!
The softphones have been integrated into the client and received a major revamp and many new features:
- Ability to easily perform blind or attended transfers from the interface.
- Multi Line – 3CXPhone can now handle multiple lines on all platforms – necessary for conferencing, attended transfer etc.
- Ability to easily create conference calls on 3CX Phone System.
When in the office, use the 3CXPhone client with your desk phone in the CTI mode to get amazing productivity gains from your IP phone.
- Call control of Yealink, Grandstream & snom phones.
- Initiate calls with a mouse click – no retyping of phone number.
- Easy call transfer.
- Create conference calls with a few mouse clicks.
- Uses CTI API on the phone, not call back.
3CXPhone is available for all major platforms:
- Android 2.3 and up – Will be available to download from Google Play soon.
- Tested on popular Android phones from Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony Ericsson.
- iPhone 3, 4 and 5 – Will be available to download from the Apple Appstore soon.
- Windows 7 and 8
Unmatched Mobility with PUSH Support
We’ve taken mobility to a completely new level for users as 3CX Phone System 12 is the ONLY PBX to support PUSH Technology! Both the Android and iPhone clients support the PUSH mechanism, meaning that the client will be activated on an incoming call or chat message.
- If your phone is in sleep mode, 3CX Phone System will “wake up” the client.
- Saves battery power.
- You don’t have to remember to keep it active.
- Allows users to be reachable via the phone system from anywhere.
- Slashes company call costs because users can be reached via VoIP.
- Users do not need to give out mobile number as much.
The new 3CXPhone is a fully featured unified communications client, not just a softphone:
- Integrated Presence – check status of other users.
- Integrated chat, available for all platforms – Coming soon.
- Easy one click conference call setup – Coming soon.
- View voicemails and call history from your smartphone & Windows desktop.
- Ability to set status from your smartphone.
Better Integration of Phones on Cell Network
3CX Phone System now includes a mobile agent which allows better integration of calls forwarded via the cell phone network:
- Hold or Resume calls
- Transfer calls
- More features will be added in upcoming service packs.
IP Phone Management & Security
IP Phone Management
3CX Phone System has made IP phone management drastically easier for the administrator:
- Firmwares for supported phones are pre tested by 3CX.
- Easily update all IP phones on the network with a few mouse clicks.
- No more interop problems as firmwares are validated by 3CX BEFORE their release.
- This feature will require a valid maintenance agreement.
3CX Phone Systems strong security has been further enhanced with the following features:
- Default HTTPS – for IIS systems – HTTPS is now enabled and configured by default.
- Improved security of provisioning folder.
Installing 3CX Phone System 12 Alpha
As version 12 is a major release, a full reinstall is required in order to upgrade from 3CX Phone System 11 to 12 and the following steps are required:
- Take a complete backup of your 3CX Phone System 11 installation using the 3CX Backup and Restore tool (Start > All Programs > 3CX Phone System > Backup and restore Tool). Note – this might take some time depending on the amount of voicemails, recordings and call history records. Please note that only backups from 3CX Phone System version 11 will work.
- NOTE: If you have a lot of voicemails and recordings, it is recommended to take a backup of these manually and exclude backing them up from the backup and restore. This will save a lot of time during the upgrade.
- Uninstall 3CX Phone System 11.
- Download and install 3CX Phone System 12 Alpha.
- Restore your backup when prompted via the 3CX Wizard.
We look forward to your comments and feedback on 3CX Phone System V12 Alpha